StyleCheck appreciates your visit to this web site and all associated sites linked to http://stylecheck.club/ (collectively, the “Site”) and your interest in our services. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our Site. We take care to protect your personal data collected, processed and used during visits to the Site.
BY USING THE SITE AND THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
2. Information We Collect.
StyleCheck offers a platform to enable customers (the “Users” or “you”) to engage in crowd-styling, whereby Users can share and vote on fashion and styling photos and stylenotes. When providing these Services, StyleCheck collects both personally identifiable information (“PII”), which can be used to identify an individual user, and non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”), as set forth below.
(a) Information you provide us directly
- Account: When you sign up to use our Services, we require you to provide various PII, such as your username, password and e-mail address, first name, last name, gender, age, style profile, and credit card information, if applicable. We also require you to setup a unique password for account security purposes. You may also provide StyleCheck with certain optional information at your sole discretion. This information is used to enable StyleCheck to provide you with access to certain areas of the Site, to personalize and to communicate with you about the Services.
- User Content: Our Services allow you to upload your photos, style notes, tags, votes, flagged posts, and other materials (collectively, “User Content”). In addition to the User Content itself, we also collect technical data associated with the User Content, such as date stamps or geotags (known as “Megadata”). If you geotag or hashtag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings. StyleCheckmay run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
- Other Communication: Communications between you and StyleCheck, such as Services related emails regarding account management, notices regarding technical issues or changes to the Services, some of which you cannot opt out.
- Social Media Features: In order to register as a user with StyleCheck, you will also have an option of signing in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends. You will also be asked to allow Style check to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. The Services also allow you to use our "Invite friends" feature to contact other people through (i) your contacts list, (ii) third-party social media sites. We collect and record this information as well.
(b) Other information collected
- Traffic Data: When you use the Site, StyleCheck collects information about that visit (known as “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is stored as anonymous, aggregate and non-PII data. Such Traffic Data includes device information, location information, and web navigational data, subject to the permissions you have granted. This information is compiled and analyzed for marketing purposes, to measure traffic and usage trends for the Services so we can enhance your experience on the Site.
- Log files: StyleCheck gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, URLs, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data (collectively, “Log Files”). StyleCheck may combine this automatically-collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
- Device identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by StyleCheck. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Information from third parties: StyleCheck may receive information about you and your activities on the StyleCheck platform from third party service providers, including without limitation advertising companies, which can include aggregated non-PII information such as advertising recommendations or PII such as your experiences or interactions with StyleCheck or any third party advertisers we may choose to work with.
3. How We Use Your Information.
4. Sharing Your Information.
- Third party service providers
StyleCheck may hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions, such as maintaining databases, sending email messages, offering and developing certain features of the Services, conducting research and analytics, and maintenance and security. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the personal information that they need to perform their specific function. We may also share non-PII, aggregated or anonymized information without restriction.
- Third party advertisers
StyleCheck may share certain information such as cookie data with third party advertising partners. This information would allow third party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content
- Legal requirements
StyleCheck may disclose any collected data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation or assist government enforcement agencies, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of StyleCheck or other Users, (iii) protect against legal liability; or (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Services. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- Merger and acquisitions; bankruptcy
Your personal information may be provided to a party if StyleCheck files for bankruptcy, or there is a transfer of the assets or ownership of StyleCheck in connection with proposed or consummated corporate reorganizations, such as mergers, acquisitions or other change of control. You will continue to own your User Content.
5. How We Process and Store Your Information.
We have implemented commercially reasonable procedural, physical and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, theft or alteration as well as unauthorized access and disclosure. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet or with electronic storage, and we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you or your users submit to us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and StyleCheck.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any ID or password used for accessing the Services, and you are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. StyleCheck has no control over the use of an account and expressly disclaims any liability derived therefrom. Should you become aware that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account, please notify us promptly.
- Storing and processing your information / International Data Transfers
Your information is stored and processed on servers located in the United States, either by us or by a third party acting on behalf of StyleCheck, or in any other country in which StyleCheck or its service providers may operate. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services. By using the Site and our Services, you consent to have your data, including your personal information, processed, stored and transmitted in the United States or other locations around the world – including those outside of your country. If you are visiting our Services from outside the United States, including without limitation the European Union, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, including without limitation the United States where our servers are currently located and our central database is operated. If you do not consent to processing of your data inside or outside the United States, please stop using the Site and our Services. If you have a complaint about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information, please submit any complaints to us, and we commit to responding to every privacy complaint we receive.
Updating Your Information and Opting Out.
- Changing or deleting your account information
You can access, review and change your profile settings by logging into the Site and entering in the new information yourself, or delete the account. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. In the event of the death of a StyleCheck User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
- Opting out
You may opt out of receiving electronic communications from us or our partners by following the instructions in those emails, i.e., by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you cannot opt out of certain messages, such as non-promotional emails regarding your account, payment, and/or use of the Services. Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by going into “App Settings” on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
- How long we keep your User Content
Following termination or deactivation of your account, StyleCheck or its third party service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. Children's Privacy.
StyleCheck does not intentionally collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register with us at this Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us.
7. California Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to receive: a) information identifying any third party company(ies) to whom StyleCheck may have disclosed (within the previous calendar year) personal information pertaining to you for that company’s direct marketing purposes; and b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain such information, submit a request to us with "Request for California Privacy Information" as the subject line and in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. Please also note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
8. Other Websites.
9. How To Contact Us.